Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Someone Shot The House!

So, I arrive at what will be my final showing yesterday and it's a real beauty! A foreclosure.
It appears the previous owners kept birds in the front room. Chickens perhaps? The rest of the house shows signs of a pig pen maybe.

I'm standing in the first floor bath, surely a puzzled look on my face as I study the shower stall. The right side wall is riddled with holes. Hmmh? So is the left side wall. A feeble attempt to fiberglass them over had been made. No..... Yup, sure enough, the hall wall has even more holes! I look to my left. Even more holes in the basement door. And more in the ceiling of the basement stairs. Now I can't help myself. I run out side and around the back of the house. They did!

Someone shot the house!
....with what looks like buckshot.

Now, I've seen angry people about to be foreclosed on do some horrific things to houses as they leave. But the attempt to fiberglass the holes suggests they were still living in this home when it was assaulted.

My first reaction is to look to see where it may have come from. That's when I see it. The tree house. Dead level with the wound. Could this have been the work of some hell hound child?

I suspect we shall never know, but it sure adds a bit of imagination to the end of a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment