Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day Two

So, it’s day two of “A Day In The Life Of…” and I have to admit I spent some time last night wondering what the hell I just got myself in to. Typically I’m a private person. Not one to open myself up freely. It’s one of my battles with the business. Having everyone know who you are.


In my former life I could go to a restaurant or bar, have a few drinks. Laugh a little too loud. For those who know me, know it happens easily and often. Laughing is my favorite past time. My wild streak has gotten the better of me a time or two. It runs deep. Because of that, the first few years of my career I hid out. You see I had this idea that people in this business had to be prim and proper and perfect. Boy, was I about to get another lesson in life.


I soon became stressed and stuffy and wanted to take it all back. To go back to my old life. The one that was fun! To the Stephanie that laughed all the time and danced through her day. But it was too late. I had worked too hard. And there were too many people I needed to prove wrong. I could do this. If it broke my spirit and made me a cranky old woman, I would not hear “I told you so”. I would say it. Did I mention I’m stubborn?


Well, being me, that didn’t last long. I soon decided that I was going to have it my way. “Typical Stephanie” my husband would say. I wasn’t about to lose my free spirit OR everything I had worked for, cried for, fought for. Nope. I could have it all.


It didn’t happen overnight. As I said, I’m stubborn. The battle waged on. However, I soon started to see that others in my business were doing it too. I have to admit. I was a bit disappointed. I wanted to be the first. Did I also mention that my expectations are sometimes unrealistic? But here I am, nearly 5 years later and I think I’ve done it! I’ve fit the pieces of me together, lost a few of the less desirable and found a few I never knew were there. I’m weird and I’m determined. I’m sarcastic and I’m a little crazy. I’m often brutally honest yet understanding. I’ve decided that I’m not going to be everyone’s agent and I don’t want to be. Some people will like me and some will not. That’s ok. Best of all, I’ve learned that if I can’t make this fun for ME it isn’t worth it.


So bear with me people. This is going to be a bumpy, crazy ride. And I promise to go easy on the dramatic tales of my woes and won’t desperately try to continue to explain myself. I don’t know exactly what my plans are here yet. I guess we will find out together. In a world that can suck your creativity like a scene out of Twilight, I need an outlet. Writing, although I would never claim to be great at it, is my option. How I’ll ever find the time is still in question. I hope to not bore you.

No comments:

Post a Comment