Monday, October 19, 2009

My Weakness For Children

It’s no secret. I have a weakness for children. My kids, your kids, stranger’s kids. It makes no difference. Nothing pains me more than hurt children and those in need. Despite my desire to personally rescue each and every one of them, I am in no way physically, financially or even emotionally capable of doing such things. And yes, it took a considerable amount of time and consult to realize the truth in this.

But, determined as I am in my endeavor of making a difference, dying with a purpose beyond surviving the daily grind, I have found a way to help. Many actually, but today I will focus on this one.

Keeping kids warm!

Yup, providing hats, mittens, jackets, boots to kids who might not otherwise have adequate examples. The idea of a child with cold, wet feet and frozen fingers is one that tears at my soul and hastens my breath. So here is what I have done. I’ve teamed up with the local DCYF to provide local foster children with the items they need to stay warm this winter!

For the month of November I will have a tree in my office loaded with ornaments. Each holds the first name and sizes of a child who needs your help. Our help. Stop by to pick up your child’s information and make a difference in the life of a needy child!

Century 21 Central Falls Realty
242 Central Avenue
Dover, NH
Or call me to pick up what you have
603.502.0154

Now, I know times are tough for most. We’ve all suffered and sacrificed these past few years and we simply can’t do all that we might like. Buying your own children’s jackets and boots can be a lofty endeavor. We’ll take whatever you can offer. Be it a single hat or mittens, not to worry. Every bit helps. Simply drop what you can in the box and I will match each item with a child.

These kids have already suffered so much. Live without love and stability. Don’t get to feel the strength and protection of family. Let’s at least keep them warm!

And no need to wait ‘til November. If you have something now bring it by! I’d like to formally thank everyone who helps. So if I’m not in, leave me a note or send me an email telling me you stopped by.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea Stephanie. Every little bit helps, and you know I will help in any way possible.
    Keep up the good work. You are a great person for doing this.

    ReplyDelete