Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Question Of The Day....

WHY am I such a SAP?

At 4:30 this morning I woke. Why? I don't NEED to be up, I thought. I tried to pretend I was sleeping. Hoping my brain and body would believe. To no avail. After about 15 minutes I gave in. Thank the heavens, or my husband really, that there was coffee in the pot.

With these early morning bouts of insomnia I generally follow the same routine. Curse myself and my noisy husband on my way to the kitchen, curse the dog for sleeping on the couch, gulp down half a cup of coffee, try to block out what 8pm will feel like and finally accept that I'm up.

Usually on these mornings though, I am full of energy and ready to take on the day. Next, I flip on the news. Yes, I'm a bit of a news junky. After a quick clean of the house I settle in front of my laptop with a fresh cup and get to work. While the anchors of WMUR fulfill my fix.

This morning, while in the midst of writing emails, planning some marketing and sending some status updates on my listings, came my first surge of emotion. The girl from Maine's first Amber Alert had been found. Safe and Sound. Wonderful! Oh, but I didn't stop there. No. The tear that entered my eye was also for this dad! Ya, seriously. Something had to cause him to feel so much emotion. All I can think is I hope he can find peace.

Back to work. Only to find surge number two. I met this gentleman last week. He actually contacted me from this blog, looking to buy a home. His first home. Our first showing, he fell in love. We were soon writing an offer. A dream for both buyer and REALTOR alike. One showing, one offer, close in 30 days. If only.

Go figure. Another offer. A higher offer. And a first time buyer still trying to to grasp the process and become comfortable with such an undertaking. He lost the condo. And I can't help but feel I wish there were more I could have done. Did I fail him? It's wonderful to help someone find a home. Home is where we are safe and comfortable. Missing one does not feel so good.

Shake it off Stephanie. We will find him something.

Next objective- blog. Plagued with writer's block, lack of creativity and a crazy schedule has left me feeling guilty and anxious for not posting something new. But what to write? For inspiration, reading over some previous posts seemed liked a good idea. That is what has brought us here. Emotions blazing from sadness to joy, I picked up my pen and the first thing that came to mind is "WHY am I SUCH a sap?". Hand me a challenge and my back is strong. Show me someone else's and I melt.

My family laughs at me during movies as I sit with a blanket blocking my face so they can't see me cry. They know it's coming as you see the smiles on their faces start to spread. I really am a fool. I just hope it makes me a more understanding, BETTER REALTOR.

No comments:

Post a Comment